Submitting Samples for Review
Yes, WineWalkabout does accept samples of wine, wine-related books and wine accessories for review, or anything else you feel we may have an interest in based on our writings. If you are interested in having your wines or wine related-products reviewed on WineWalkabout, please follow these guidelines...
* Send us an e-mail at email@example.com and include a brief description of your wine or product.
* Provide your name and specific contact e-mail address.
* Put “Sample for Review” in the Subject space.We will respond to your request via e-mail within 48 hours. During summer months, we encourage you to send wine samples or perishables via FedEx, to ensure we receive your wine as it you intend it to be tasted. If you use UPS, please ensure ship-out date is on Monday or Tuesday. Please send a tracking number via e-mail when the shipment goes out. Just like you, we want your wine to survive the ride.
Or if you wish just send to...
784 Northridge Center #294
Salinas, Ca 93906
Important Shipping Information
Also please include the following, either with the samples, or in electronic form via e-mail:
* Technical Sheet with production notes and vintage information.
* Approximate retail price or tasting room price.
* A list of distributors and states / countries where your wine is currently available if applicable.
Please send two of every perishable just in case one is not up to standard we have a comparison sample.
Our Policy on Reviews
We like to tell our readers about good wines and good things! And do not think our readers want to hear about something we don’t like, especially if we received it as a sample. While we appreciate all samples that are sent to us, we make no guarantee that we will like ,or write about them. Wines that appear here do so because we like them or on occasion are significantly interesting enough to write about. We can promise you that we will taste all wines we receive, and we will provide you feedback if requested, even if a review does not appear on WineWalkabout.
Our Policy on Guests Posts
Occasionally you will see Guest Posts on our blog. All of our guest’s posts are written by friends, fellow wine writers, or someone we know personally in the industry who has a special insight or perspective.We also get invitations to attend wine tastings, wine maker lunches and dinners, trade tastings and other food and beverage-related events. We have full-time non-industry jobs and are sometimes unable to attend every event, so we will ask a colleague who knows something about wine and food and the tenor of our blog to cover the event and write a guest post to attend on our behalf.
Want to send us something to taste, try out or read?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Tasting Adventures,